Posts Tagged ‘makeup’
Every woman wants to be a vision of beauty on her wedding day. June is known as ‘bridal month’ and we are now offering speciality skincare and makeovers for brides alongside Made Up For You (Bridal & Special Occasion Makeup).
- ‘Custom Compact‘ with selected wedding colours (ask your makeup artist for recommendations on colour).
- ‘Timewise Skincare Basics‘ for the Bride, your Bridesmaids and Mother of the Bride / Groom.
- ‘Fragrance Free Satin Hands Pampering Set‘ for soft and smooth hands (especially in the photos of your new wedding ring!).
- Limited Edition ‘Mary Kay Nail Lacquer‘ (Bridesmaids may want to wear a nail colour that coordinates with their dresses or a more natural colour such as Pink Sand. The Bride might not want to wear nail colour, opting instead for a natural look with a clear Base / Top Coat).
- ‘MK Men Skincare‘ products for the Groom, Best Man and/or Ushers.
- Bottles of ‘Mary Kay Eau de Toilette‘ in Forever Orchid for a subtle yet gorgeous bridal fragrance.
- ‘Honeymoon Survival Kit‘ (includes Indulge Soothing Eye Mask / Satin Lips Balm / Limited Edition Mary Kay SPF30 Sunscreen / Limited Edition Mary Kay After-Sun Replenishing Gel).
When conducting a makeover, the Bride may have her own unique look, but the Bridesmaids should wear the same makeup look and colours if they plan on wearing the same coloured dress. Wedding photos turn out better when people have the same makeup on!
To arrange a skincare, colour (cosmetics/makeover) or fragrance party, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our product of the week for Weeks 11 and 12 are glitter eyeliners. They come in a wide range of colours and would usually be used for special occasion makeup rather than bridal. They are fun and really make a statement on your eyes! Easy to apply and you can build them up to a more dramatic look if required.Tweet
Our week 10 product of the week is Body Shop Baked-to-Last Bronzers. Simple packaging but the bronzers are very eye catching. The swirls of colour (light and dark) are guaranteed to suit everyone and compliment their skin tone. As they are baked, they last a long time and are therefore great value for money! Use with a large bronzer brush for maximum effect.Tweet
It is like a lipstick and a lipgloss rolled into one. Colour is smooth, sheer and hardwearing. The minty fresh action helps to plump up the lips for a fuller lip line. Our favourite shade is ‘Raspberry Ice’ (shown in the picture).
With very little product needed, it is very good value for money.Tweet
With quite a variety of colours to match many lipstick shades these glide on smoothly, keep lipstick from ‘bleeding’ into lines around the mouth and last all day. As with all pencils, don’t forget to sharpen them to get the best lip lines!Tweet
We reviewed No.7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser for Boots.com before it goes on sale to the public on 23rd February 2011. The first thing we noticed was the smart packaging, an improvement on the previous tinted moisturiser (Dual Protection). Upon using the product we found the lightweight texture very smooth and creamy with a gorgeous hint of colour which matched skin tone perfectly (we used ‘Fair’ tint). It can be used on its own for a sunkissed makeup free look or in place of foundation if you don’t need the full coverage. Very little product is needed so it will last a long time and therefore extremely good value for money!Tweet
With the contraints of war at an end women were returning from working on the land and in the factories to become ‘domestic goddesses’ at home. The trend was looking stylish and well-groomed with eyebrows becoming more defined, mascara and eyeliner becoming heavier and lips intensely coloured. This emphasised the pale complexions that were fashionable at the time. The introduction of TV meant that everyone was aware of glamour and fashion. All of a sudden there was an explosion of colour appearing in dress shops and makeup collections.Tweet
Our week 7 product of the week is Rimmel Lash Accelerator Mascara. Having used this quite a lot we find it separates the lashes with gorgeous colour and no clumping!! Easy to apply with the fabulous brush and when it says it makes lashes appear 80% longer, we agree! It also lasts a long time without drying out which some mascaras are prone to do.Tweet